1. Overhead expenses are reimbursed as follows:
- Rate % * Total Project Costs (incl. personnel, subcontracts, supplies, equipment etc.)
2. Rates and limitations apply to both the primary applicant organisation and any sub‐grantees and subcontractors. Each respective organization may receive indirect costs up to the rate applicable to them.
3. The rates provided above are the maximum rates allowed under The Foundation’s policy. A grantee or contractor with an actual indirect cost rate lower than the maximum rate provided above should not increase the funding request to the maximum allowed.
4. At the discretion of The Foundation, a large grant may be awarded a lower indirect cost rate to reflect reduced overhead required to adequately manage a large grant’s direct costs. Actual administrative and maintenance costs do not necessarily increase in direct proportion to grant funds.